Have you joined CoachAFL yet?
All coaches need to make sure they become a member of CoachAFL for their upcoming seasons.
For all coaches with a role on match day or in a junior program, it is a requirement to register with CoachAFL to ensure you are an accredited coach. This includes head coaches, assistant coaches, coaching directors and any coach with a role at a club.
It is important that ALL coaches become members of CoachAFL. This includes:
- Coaches that are currently accredited
- Coaches that have had a previous or expired accreditation
- New coaches that have never held an accreditation
The AFL has a mandatory coach accreditation policy in place which ensures that all participants in our game have a rewarding and fulfilling experience through well-resourced and supported coaches.
The become a member of CoachAFL simply type 'coach.afl' into your internet browser and click the 'Join' button. From there you will be required to complete the following:
- Your coaching profile
- $49.50 membership fee (coaches with a current accreditation will receive complimentary membership for the remaining years of their accreditation)
- AFL Coaches' Code of Conduct
- An online foundation course relevant to the players you coach
As a member, CoachAFL will support you with coaching resources to best develop you and your players. The includes videos, articles and over 200 training drill sot use at your next session.
If you have any questions, contact CoachAFL at email@example.com.
Under a new system rolled out in 2018, people wishing to coach local Australian Rules Football, must become a member of CoachAFL and also have the following courses available to them;
Level 1 – Junior/Youth/Senior – online course at https://coach.afl that includes skills, drills, examples as part of your accreditation (mandatory for all coaches to have)
Level 2 – The Level 2 course is a blend of online and face to face learning with the face to face component held over one full day with expert guest speakers. These courses are conducted annually.
- Coach.AFL Online Foundation Course accreditation
- One year free of any coaching citations
At the completion of the course, coaches will have learnt the six primary functions of a coach;
- Create a Vision and Philosophy
- Shape the Environment
- Build Relationships
- Coach at Training
- Coach the Game
- Personal Learning and Reflection
REGISTER NOW FOR UPCOMING COURSES
Darwin - TBC
Alice Springs – TBC
Online – TBC
Aspiring elite coaches or those identified for further opportunities have higher courses in which they will be invited to or can attend.