2018 Northern Territory Volunteer of the Year Program
The AFL Volunteer of the Year Program is a volunteer recognition program which commenced as part of the Australian Football 150 years celebration rewarding seven outstanding volunteers with a trip of lifetime for them and a partner.
Any league or club is invited to nominate any outstanding volunteers for the AFL State/Territory Volunteer of the Year. The volunteer may have contributed to the completion of a major or significant project throughout the year or they may be someone who has contributed in a number of roles over a long period. Each State and Territory will evaluate the nominations and ultimately will determine their State/Territory Volunteer of the Year.
- Must have given notable voluntary service to Australian Football
- Must be a willing, voluntary contributor, having received no income from football (NB honoraria excepted)
- Must be an ambassador for the game of football who acts and works for the best interest of the game, never bringing the game into disrepute
- Those making nominations should make no more than one nomination
- Years of service will be looked upon favourably
- Previous winners are ineligible
State/Territory Volunteer of the Year winner prize
- 2 x tickets and an AFL Grand Final Experience at the Toyota AFL Grand Final
- 2 x return flights (except Victoria) & accommodation for 3 nights (Thurs – Sat) in Melbourne for Grand Final weekend
- The opportunity to walk in the Toyota AFL Grand Final Parade
- The Community Club belonging to the State/Territory Volunteer of the Year winner will also receive a free membership to the Coach.AFL platform for all their Coaches in season 2019
Nominations closing date
- Nominations must be submitted online by Friday 17 August
- Late submissions will not be considered
Get involved with junior footy!
There are a number of ways you can get involved with AFLNT’s junior football programs and we are always looking for volunteers.
Without volunteers, our programs would not be able to run.
Help run an Auskick Centre
NAB AFL Auskick is AFL’s introductory program for boys and girls aged 5 – 8.
Centre Coordinators and coaches help run the Auskick sessions with games and skill activities with the aim to maximise fun and inclusion.
For more information on Auskick visit http://www.aflauskick.com.au/ or e-mail email@example.com
Apart from the reward from the children’s faces, there are some great prizes for AFL volunteers including the chance to win the AFL State Volunteer of the Year award!