NTFL Kennards Hire Volunteer of the Year nominations now open!
The 2018/19 TIO NTFL season couldn’t run without volunteers. From the timekeepers to the trainers, and the mums and dads that do the laundry and manage teams, between all the picks ups and drop offs. There’s fruit cutters, boot cleaners and everything else in between.
We all know a great volunteer and now is your chance to really say thanks.
Speak to an official at your club and nominate them for the 2018/19 NTFL Kennards Hire Volunteer of the Year. Fill in this easy form by COB Thursday 21 February and send it back to AFLNTEvents@afl.com.au.
The winner will be invited to this season’s prestigious Nichols Medal event, held on Sunday 10 March, where they will be duly recognised in front of the NTFL community.
2018 Northern Territory Volunteer of the Year Program
The AFL Volunteer of the Year Program is a volunteer recognition program which commenced as part of the Australian Football 150 years celebration rewarding seven outstanding volunteers with a trip of lifetime for them and a partner.
Congratulations to Jamie Barry, 2018 NT Volunteer of the Year!
Any league or club was invited to nominate any outstanding volunteers for the AFL State/Territory Volunteer of the Year. The volunteer may have contributed to the completion of a major or significant project throughout the year or they may be someone who has contributed in a number of roles over a long period. Each State and Territory evaluated the nominations and ultimately will determine their State/Territory Volunteer of the Year.
- Must have given notable voluntary service to Australian Football
- Must be a willing, voluntary contributor, having received no income from football (NB honoraria excepted)
- Must be an ambassador for the game of football who acts and works for the best interest of the game, never bringing the game into disrepute
- Those making nominations should make no more than one nomination
- Years of service will be looked upon favourably
- Previous winners are ineligible
State/Territory Volunteer of the Year winner prize
- 2 x tickets and an AFL Grand Final Experience at the Toyota AFL Grand Final
- 2 x return flights (except Victoria) & accommodation for 3 nights (Thurs – Sat) in Melbourne for Grand Final weekend
- The opportunity to walk in the Toyota AFL Grand Final Parade
- The Community Club belonging to the State/Territory Volunteer of the Year winner will also receive a free membership to the Coach.AFL platform for all their Coaches in season 2019
From everyone at AFLNT, congratulations Jamie! Stay tuned for the 2019 Volunteer of the Year program or contact your local club/league on how you can get involved.
Get involved with junior footy!
There are a number of ways you can get involved with AFLNT’s junior football programs and we are always looking for volunteers.
Without volunteers, our programs would not be able to run.
Help run an Auskick Centre
NAB AFL Auskick is AFL’s introductory program for boys and girls aged 5 – 8.
Centre Coordinators and coaches help run the Auskick sessions with games and skill activities with the aim to maximise fun and inclusion.
For more information on Auskick visit http://www.aflauskick.com.au/ or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Apart from the reward from the children’s faces, there are some great prizes for AFL volunteers including the chance to win the AFL State Volunteer of the Year award!