For the 2018/19 TIO NTFL season, the NTFL CLub of the Year Award was re-introduced with a focus on encouraging club development.
The criteria are broken down into distinct areas, with the award to be presented on the night of the Nichols Medal.
On field performance
A score out of 100 will be awarded simply by calculating the club’s wins in all home and away games played by that club, in the form of a percentage (maximum of 100 points).
Teams playing in Under 14 competitions and above will be included in these calculations.
For each instance of the below list, the associated point score will be deducted from the club’s total.
- Red cards/send-offs (1 point)
- Suspensions (1 point)
- Breaches of By-Laws, Rules & Regulations (1 point)
- Code of Conduct breaches and breaches of the Racial Vilification Guidelines (2 points)
Points will be allocated to each club that has completed the following (maximum of 40 points):
- AFL Club Improvement Program (10 points)
- Good Sports Program (10 points)
- Current Club Business or Strategic Plan (10 points)
- Current and Active DV Action Plan (10 points)
Prize money for 2018/19 season
1st Prize: $7,000
2nd Prize: $3,000
3rd Prize: $2,000
From the 2019/20 season, there will also be a 'Most Improved Club', which will carry a prize of $2,000.