2019/20 season criteria
On field performance
A score out of 100 will be awarded simply by calculating the club’s wins in all home and away games played by that club, in the form of a percentage (maximum of 100 points).
Teams playing in Under 14 competitions and above will be included in these calculations.
For each instance of the below list, the associated point score will be deducted from the club’s total.
- Yellow cards/Red cards/send-offs (10 points)
- Suspensions (20 points)
- Breaches of By-Laws, Rules & Regulations (10 points)
- Code of Conduct breaches and breaches of the Racial Vilification Guidelines (20 points)
Points will be allocated to each club that has completed the following (minimum of 85 points):
- AFL Club Improvement Program - Gold Club or Quality Club (10 or 20 points)
- Good Sports Program Level 1-3 (5, 10 or 20 points)
- Tackling Illegal Drugs Program (10 points)
- Current Club Business or Strategic Plan (10 points)
- Current and Active DV Action Plan (10 points)
- Club coach registration (5 points) per coach - renewed before 31/12/2019
- Club coach training (2 points) per coach
- Club umpire training (5 points) per umpire
- Club attendance at AFLNT delegated sessions (5 points)
Prize money for 2019/20 season
Big Club division
1st Prize: $5,000
2nd Prize: $2,500
3rd Prize: $1,000
Small Club division
1st Prize: $1,500
2nd Prize: $1,000
3rd Prize: $500
Most Improved Club
This award is determined by points growth from NTFL season 2018/19 to 2019/20, with prize money of $1,000
Congratulations to the Waratah Football Club on winning the Big Club division award and the Tiwi Bombers Football Club on taking home the honours in the Small Club division for the 2018/19 season. See the end of season results here.