Following a meeting chaired by AFLNT Chairman Bob Elix, and attended by representatives of the NTFL Club Presidents, representatives of the NT Thunder Board and representatives of AFLNT, the following was agreed:
1. Immediate extension of the NT Thunder 25 Game Rule to 28 Games, plus finals;
2. A review panel to be formed to formally review the NT Thunder 25 Game rule and other player rules such as the player contract process and draft; and
3. Public support of both NT Thunder and local clubs, who will work together for the mutual benefit of both the local NTFL competition and NT Thunder.
The review panel will consist of:
- Steve Rossingh, Executive Director, NT Sport and Recreation;
- Shaun Hardy, President, St Marys Football Club;
- 2nd Representative from NTFL Clubs (to be advised);
- Tony Frawley, CEO, AFLNT;
- Jarred Ilett, CEO, NT Thunder; and
- Sports Scientist from NT Thunder Institute of Sport.
The review panel will present finding for consideration at the AFLNT Board Meeting on 23 January 2012.
AFLNT will make no further comment until the proceedings and findings of the review panel have been released.