The Northern Territory Football Club announces FREE ENTRY to NT Thunder games at TIO Stadium, Marrara for the 2015 NEAFL season.
Thanks to Premier Partner Intract Indigenous Contractors and in line with the AFL’s ‘Year of the Fan’ Strategy, the Northern Territory Football Club will be opening its gates for the 2015 NEAFL season (excluding AFL games and finals) scheduled at TIO Stadium, Marrara allowing even more Territorians and visitors alike to enjoy the elite standard of football that the NEAFL competition brings to the NT.
The 2015 season will deliver an exciting, family friendly schedule of events, with new additions such as ‘Thunderland’, boasting a large inflatable waterslide, free face painting and regular giveaways and activities for the kids. The ever popular McDonalds half time games for the under 12’s will continue, with the addition of Thunder Junior and Auskick games providing an action packed, entertaining half time line up.
NT Thunder General Manager Jarred Ilett comments:
“The decision to open up the gates for NT Thunder’s scheduled home games at TIO Stadium, bolsters the Northern Territory Football Club’s commitment to the Territory community and our strong focus on family involvement with the Club. NT Thunder games will provide a safe, fun and affordable night out for Territory families during the dry season, whilst encouraging the younger generation to participate in AFL and to support their local football team”.
“Still being a relatively young Club coming into our 7th year, NT Thunder’s future will be built on the Territory kids of today, and we realise the importance of making the connection with them”.
“The Northern Territory Football Club would like to thank our Premier Partner Intract Indigenous Contractors, for enabling us to provide this benefit for the local community”.
NT Thunder’s 2015 draw – key points:
- 11 home games – Ten in Darwin, one in Alice Springs;
- Seven away games – Six in QLD, one in Sydney;
- NT Thunder will host four AFL Reserves sides; Brisbane Lions, Sydney Swans, UWS Giants & Gold Coast Suns at TIO Stadium, Marrara;
- NT Thunder will play each team at least once hosting Canberra based team the Eastlake Demons for the first time in Darwin;
- Games will kick off at 6.30pm (previously 7pm); and
- All features to be confirmed on the release of the 2015 NEAFL Draw mid December.