The AFL is seeking a CEO for the Northern Territory Office.
Chief Executive Officer – AFL Northern Territory
AFL NT is the governing body of Australian Football in the Northern Territory. AFL NT aims to remain the most respected sporting code in the Territory enabling all Territorians no matter where they live the opportunity to be involved in our game.
AFL Northern Territory is seeking a dynamic and credible leader to head the organisation to deliver critical objectives as part of the organisation’s Strategic Plan.
The person will need to build partnerships with all levels of Government, Corporates, NTFL / Community Football and AFL Clubs to ensure the game continues to develop across the Territory.
The role has key accountability for working with various stakeholders to develop and implement a strategy to drive high levels of awareness, engagement and participation across the Northern Territory including remote communities.
The role will also need to ensure that the most talented athletes in the Northern Territory choose to play Australian Football.
The position will be filled by a strategically minded, results driven leader who has a broad understanding of the game from a sport, commercial and customer perspective and who can engender support from a wide range of stakeholders. The role will is the key leadership position for AFL NT in which there is over 50 full time staff. The role plays a vital role in professionally developing employees and maximizing progression opportunities for those with high potential.
Experience working with Indigenous people and cultures will be highly regarded.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Providing leadership to AFL NT
• Implementing the AFL National Development Plan in NT
• Promoting and increasing the awareness of AFL NT
We seek a self motivated individual with:
• Graduate education in sports business, marketing or related discipline or equivalent experience
• Extensive experience managing a business unit across complex and challenging distribution channels
• Knowledge of and experience in the management of sports participation or community programs, and an understanding of current trends and strategies
• Proven ability to increase existing and new customer growth
• Proven strategic planning and implementation capabilities
• Proven commercial business development skills
• Proven leadership qualities with demonstrated experience in developing others
• Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills, especially negotiation
• Proven experience dealing with various forms of the media
• Proven financial management and accountability
• Demonstrable experience working for or with a board of directors
Visit www.afl.com.au/careers to view the position description.
To apply: Submit your application through the AFL’s online recruitment system at
Closing Date: Wednesday, 26 August 2015