All the match day information you need to know for the Toyota AFL Premiership Season Round 17 game between Melbourne and the Adelaide Crows at TIO Stadium in Darwin on Saturday 15 July 2017.
- Can be purchased online at www.ntix.com.au or at the Nightcliff Newsagency
- Tickets may not be available for purchase at the gate due to TIO Stadium capacity
- Please refer to AFL Northern Territory social media for the most relevant game day information
Open training sessions Friday 14 July
- Melbourne 3.30 - 4.15pm
- Adelaide Crows - 4.20pm
Important game times to know
- Adelaide Crows run on - 6.59pm
- Melbourne run on - 7.02pm
- coin toss - 7.08pm
- NT Thunder vs Aspley (NEAFL) - 3pm
- Melbourne Demons vs Adelaide Crows - 7.10pm
- Bonson Gate opens 2.00pm
- Ah Mat Gate opens 2.30pm
- Scoreboard Gate opens 2.30pm
Patrons are advised they and their possessions may be subject to searches before entering the stadium.
Ticket collection and disability access
- Game day ticket collection from Bonson Gate (airport end)
- Disabled seats in the grandstand are pre-allocated and can be accessed via calling the NTix box office on 08 8980 3333
- General admission disabled areas – flat ground available directly in front of the Michael Long Learning and Leadership Centre or in the tiered area of the Family Friendly Area. These spots are on a first in, best-dressed case.
Traffic management and parking
- Abala Road is one way from 2.00pm
- Limited parking in Bonson Gate carpark including 9 disabled spots (first in, first served)
- VIP Parking in Ah Mat and Bonson – passes are pre-allocated and pass says which car park
- South Darwin Car park from 2.30pm - $5 (opposite the Michael Long Learning and Leadership Centre and Ah Mat Gate)
Free public buses for those with a valid AFL game ticket
Four bus services will be provided and will pick up and drop off at any bus stops along the route:
Darwin service – starts at the city inbound stop in Stuart Highway, Parap and goes to Darwin Interchange (Bay E).
Times: departing at 4:55pm Parap/5pm Darwin, 5:25pm Parap/5:30pm Darwin, 5:55pm Parap/6:00pm Darwin and 6:25pm Parap/6:30pm Darwin.
Palmerston service – starts at the Palmerston Interchange (Bay N).
Times: all departing Palmerston interchange at 5:15pm, 6pm and 6:30pm.
Casuarina service – Catch the urban bus service to Casuarina Interchange and join Route 3 to Marrara (Bay D).
Times: departing at 4:40pm, 5:40pm and 6:40pm.
Rural service – starts at the Humpty Doo Park & Ride then stops at the Coolalinga Park & Ride.
Times: departing at 5:45pm Humpty Doo/6pm Coolalinga.
Buses will run along the same routes at the conclusion of the game:
Darwin service – Departing from 9:50pm, services will continue at regular intervals with last service departing 20 minutes after the final siren.
Palmerston service – Departing at 9:50pm, 10:00pm and 10:10pm.
Casuarina service – Departing at 9:50pm and 10:05pm.
Rural service – Departing at 10pm.
Located on Abala Road outside the Ah Mat Gate end.
- Level 1 (outside TIO Stadium office)
- Level 2 (grandstand patrons only)
- Level 3 (corporate guests only)
- General admin (behind family friendly area and behind Scoreboard Bar)
Available at all gates - $5 per record
There is a lift available outside the TIO Stadium office – it goes to Level 2 (grandstand) and Level 3 (corporate)
Food & beverage
- Grass concourse before Oval 2 (various food, soft drinks and alcohol options available)
- Level 2 – main bar, two wing bars, public canteen and BBQ stall (grandstand patrons only)
- Level 3 – Karen Sheldon Catering available for sale, corporate guests have catering included (corporate guests only)
- General admin – near Oval 2 and behind family friendly area and next to Scoreboard Bar
Merchandise for both competing clubs and NT Thunder will be available from 3pm on the Grass concourse before Oval 2 adjacent to food and beverage and ATMs
Guard of honour and Auskick
Guard of honour children need to meet at 6:40pm and half-time Ausick participants are to meet at the quarter-time break. Both groups should meet at the Michael Long Learning and Leadership Centre end of the stadium, between the stadium and the light tower. All enquiries to Jen - 0405 739 397 or Nicky - 0411 280 673.
Family friendly area
Located at the airport end of the the stadium. Note: there is strictly no alcohol available for purchase or permitted in the area.
There is no patron access to the playing arena on the completion of the NEAFL Fixture between NT Thunder and Aspley
Post the Melbourne v Adelaide Crows fixture, kick-to-kick for all patrons will occur after the second siren.
Report it to NT Police (base near the Bonson Gate), Security (located at all gates and at various areas around TIO Stadium) or reporting via SMS to 0488 129 047.
TIO Stadium and the MLLLC are smoke-free zones. Smoking areas are available next to each of the three entrance gates (Bonson, Ah Mat and Scoreboard).
- Two on the grass behind the grandstand
- One on Level 2 (in the grandstand)
- One at the Scoreboard Bar
- Food and beverage outlets also accept EFTPOS.