AFL Northern Territory (AFLNT) is looking for two Game Development trainees, one based in Darwin and one in Alice Springs.
Both roles are a 12-month traineeship role to commence in January 2018, with the successful applicants required to complete a certificate course in Sport & Recreation in conjunction with the role.
This role is responsible for the organisation and delivery of a range of programs within AFLNT including AFL Auskick, Kinder Kick, Thunder Juniors and regional school competitions.
While working as an AFL SportsReady trainee a Certificate 3 or 4 in Sport and Recreation will be completed.
Working closely with members of AFLNT’s Game Development team, the trainee will assist with the delivery of AFL programs in Darwin/Central Australia in a professional and enthusiastic manner.
Duties of position
- Support the Game Development team in leading and conducting AFL programs including Auskick, Thunder Juniors, Kinder Kick and Intra/Inter School Competitions.
- Assist with the promotion of programs within schools including running clinics, attending school assemblies and meeting with teachers where required.
- Deliver programs that are professional, fun and safe for all participants.
- Assist with maintaining and organising equipment used to conduct programs.
- Be the first point of contact for AFL program queries.
- Assist with the coordination of registrations and payments for Auskick and Thunder Juniors as well as distribute merchandise accordingly.
- Complete general administration including participation reporting, redeeming sports vouchers, update sporting pulse and running reports.
- Support the Game Development Team with ad hoc tasks when directed.
- Responsibility for participant safety including completion of JLT checklist at each session.
For more information about the Darwin role click here.
For more information about the Alice Springs role click here.
To apply, candidates can email Brad Reid at email@example.com by Sunday 3 December 2017.