The AFL Volunteer of the Year Program is a volunteer recognition program which commenced as part of the Australian Football 150 years celebration rewarding seven outstanding volunteers with a trip of lifetime for them and a partner.
Any league or club is invited to nominate any outstanding volunteers for the AFL State/Territory Volunteer of the Year. The volunteer may have contributed to the completion of a major or significant project throughout the year or they may be someone who has contributed in a number of roles over a long period. Each State and Territory will evaluate the nominations and ultimately will determine their State/Territory Volunteer of the Year.
- Must have given notable voluntary service to Australian Football
- Must be a willing, voluntary contributor, having received no income from football (NB honoraria excepted)
- Must be an ambassador for the game of football who acts and works for the best interest of the game, never bringing the game into disrepute
- Those making nominations should make no more than one nomination
- Years of service will be looked upon favourably
- Previous winners are ineligible
State/Territory Volunteer of the Year winner prize
- 2 x tickets and an AFL Grand Final Experience at the Toyota AFL Grand Final
- 2 x return flights (except Victoria) & accommodation for 3 nights (Thurs – Sat) in Melbourne for Grand Final weekend
- The opportunity to walk in the Toyota AFL Grand Final Parade
- The Community Club belonging to the State/Territory Volunteer of the Year winner will also receive a free membership to the Coach.AFL platform for all their Coaches in season 2019
Nominations closing date
- Nominations must be submitted online by Friday 17 August
- Late submissions will not be considered