You can download a PDF version of this article here.
All the key details for the TIO NTFL grand finals to be played on Saturday 16 March.
There is no allocated grandstand seating, seats are available on a first-in policy. Tickets are available at the gate on the day.
Should any patrons wish to pre-purchase tickets to skip the ticket queue, please go to the NTIX website:
Fans are encouraged to leave enough time for entry due to expected security/entry queues.
Adults - $17.00
Concession including student - $11.00
Child 10-17 years old - $6.00
Family (2 adults & 2 children) - $35.00
Under 10 (9 & below) – FREE
WHY DOES THE NTFL GRAND FINAL COST MORE THAN THE OTHER ROUNDS?
As has been the case for the past 15 seasons, the cost of tickets on Men’s Grand Final Day go up because the day costs more to run. Umpiring costs increase, so too do kids’ activities, entertainment and the staffing and running of extra food stalls and bars.
This is the ultimate day on the NTFL calendar and a lot more time, energy and resource go into trying to make it a fun experience for all.
NTFL MEMBERS/AFLNT LIFE MEMBERS
Free for all games upon presentation of a valid membership card.
KANTILLA’S MEMBERS’ BAR:
Will open from 4:30pm on Saturday 16 March.
AFLNT and NTFL Members will only be allowed sign-in rights for two additional guests for NTFL Men’s Grand Final Day.
In addition, AFLNT reserves the right to reduce the number of guests allowed and/or refuse entry if capacity does not permit. Please note all other terms and conditions apply; along with minimum dress standards. Children under 18 are permitted in Kantilla’s but must be supervised by an adult at all times.
NTFL SPECIAL GUESTS
Come on down and meet the NTFL Grand Final Ambassador, former great of the Sydney Swans, Michael O’Loughlin, as well as our expert MC and former Brisbane Lions/Bears player, Richard Champion.
GATE OPENING TIMES
• Bonson Gate (airport end) – 7:30am
• Ah Mat Gate (McMillan’s Rd end) – 2:30pm
LIFE MEMBERS’ LUNCH
The Life Members’ Luncheon will be held at 12:00pm on Saturday 16 March at the Michael Long Learning and Leadership Centre.
Invites have been distributed to life members, for any queries please contact:
Danielle Wiseman – 0439 153 584.
9:30am – TIO NTFL Under 16 Hickman Grand Final – TIO Stadium
10:00am – TIO NTFL Under 14 Lew Fatt Grand Final – TIO Oval 2
11:45am – TIO NTFL Men’s Division 2 Grand Final – TIO Stadium
11:45am – TIO NTFL Under 14 Gundersen Grand Final – TIO Oval 2
1:30pm – TIO NTFL Under 16 Leverence Grand Final – TIO Oval 2
2:15pm – TIO NTFL Under 18 Boys Grand Final – TIO Stadium
4:45pm – TIO NTFL Men’s Division 1 Grand Final – TIO Stadium
7:15pm – TIO NTFL Men’s Premier League Grand Final – TIO Stadium
KEY TIMES FOR MEN’S PREMIER LEAGUE
6:50pm – TIO Stadium playing arena is cleared with no access for the public
6:58pm – Umpires enter playing arena
7:00pm – Nightcliff run on
7:02pm – Southern Districts run on
7:07pm – Linking of arms to say NO MORE to family violence
7:09pm – Welcome to Country performed by Bilawara Lee
7:11pm – National Anthem performed by Felicity Lamberton 7:13pm – Hon Lauren Moss to facilitate the coin toss
7:15pm – First bounce
8:10pm – Half time (approx.) Hot100 Grand Final Sprint
8:20pm – Virgin Australia trip for two to Bali giveaway
9:30pm – End of game (approx.) Winners/ Presentation to commence
BEST ON GROUND MEDALS
A panel has been assembled to vote on the TIO Chaney Medal (best on ground in the Men’s Premier League), while umpires will vote in all other divisions. Please see here: https://www.aflnt.com.au/news/2019/chaney-medal-panel-made-up-of-experience-and-passion
TRAFFIC CONTROL & CAR PARKING
Traffic control will be in place on Saturday 16 March 2019 from 8:00am, and Abala Road will operate as a one-way road from this time.
With traffic control in place, things may take slower than usual and with heavy foot traffic in the area, patrons are encouraged to allow plenty of time and to walk carefully.
Please note the Ah Mat Gate (McMillan’s Rd end) car park is reserved for VIP guests with a valid pass. Some car parking at the Bonson Gate (airport end) is also reserved for pass holders, but all remaining car parks at this gate and those available around the Marrara Sporting Complex are on a first in best-dressed policy.
Please be mindful of where you park and obey all road rules and any restrictions.
TRANSPORT VIA BUS
The #3 public bus that departs/returns to Casuarina Interchange will follow the traffic direction around Abala Rd, making one stop outside the Bonson Gate (airport end) until the Ah Mat Gate (McMillan’s Rd end) opens at 2:30pm.
Any bus after 2:30pm will then do one drop-off and pick-up from the corner of Marrara Drive and Abala Road.
For timetable and route information, visit:
LIVE TV BROADCAST AND MEDIA COVERAGE
Thanks to Channel 7 Darwin, this season’s Men’s Premier League Grand Final will be replayed on free-to-air TV at 1:30pm on 7Two in Darwin and around regional Australia.
The NITV replay of the Men’s Premier League Grand Final will be replayed on NITV (Channel 34) nationally at 4:00pm.
ABC Radio Darwin will also be doing their radio call of the game right across the NT.
All grand finals will also be live streamed on the AFLNTv YouTube channel but the streams are weather/connectivity dependent:
Facebook: Northern Territory Football League
Order forms for copies of the grand finals on USB will be available at the gate or they can be ordered online here.
SPECIAL EDITION GRAND FINAL PROGRAM
Get all the team lists for the grand finals in a glossy coloured, limited edition run of the NTFL program. These are available for purchase for $2 from the staff working on the gate or at Kantilla's Members’ Bar.
JUNIOR PROGAM SIGN-ON & ACTIVITIES FOR KIDS
Auskick and Thunder Juniors registration will take place outside the TIO Stadium office on Saturday morning.
Free face painting will take place from 11am at the top of the stairs, behind the seats of the Maurice Rioli Grandstand.
The Thunder water slide will also be set up near the Family Friendly Zone.
FOOD, DRINKS & ATMS
There are public bar and kiosk facilities at TIO Stadium in multiple locations:
- Canteen – Level 2 Grandstand – all day from 8:30am
- BBQ – Level 2 Grandstand – from 4:30pm
- Food stalls – TIO Oval 2 – from 9:00am
- Public Bar – Level 2 Grandstand – 12:00pm to 15 minutes into the last quarter of Men’s Premier League Grand Final
- Members’ Bar (Kantilla’s) – Level 3 indoors – 4:30pm to close
- Ah Mat and Bonson wing bars will open from 5.30pm
- Scoreboard Bar and canteen will open from 5.30pm
Most food and bar outlets have EFTPOS facilities, in addition to the standalone ATM located on Level 2 near the Public Bar and the ATM trailer facilities near the Bonson Gate.
- Level 1 (outside TIO Stadium office)
- Level 2 (Maurice Rioli Grandstand)
- Level 3 (corporate guests only)
- General admin (behind the Family Friendly Area and behind TIO Stadium scoreboard)
Disabled access is via a lift near the TIO Stadium office (Bonson Gate entry) and seating with extra space is along the last row in the Maurice Rioli Grandstand.
MEDICAL EMERGENCIES & ANTI-SOCIAL BEHAVIOUR
In the event of a medical emergency please flag down the closest staff member (in NTFL yellow or grey tops) who will be able to get the attention of the onsite St John Ambulance crew.
Anti-social behavior should be reported via text message or phone call to 0457 682 210, or to security, police or the closest staff member.
TIO Stadium remains a smoke-free venue, however, patrons will have access to designated smoking areas at the Bonson Gate and the Ah Mat Gate.
EMERGENCY EVACUATION PROCEDURES
In the event of an emergency, an announcement will be made over the PA system. If TIO Stadium needs to be evacuated, the Bonson, Ah Mat and scoreboard gates will be opened, and patrons will be directed to the safest route.
If at any stage the Bureau of Meteorology issues a cyclone warning that impacts Saturday’s matches, the impacted matches will be rescheduled in accordance with AFLNT Rules & Regulations (Rule 3.22 and Appendix 4):
- Should the warning be issued whilst a match is in progress, that match will be stopped immediately.
- If matches are impacted by lightning/thunderstorm/unplayable conditions, then the umpires and/or match manager will decide whether conditions are safe to play.
- If it is not considered safe to play then the impacted match has up to 30 minutes from its scheduled start time to commence.
- If the match is already in progress and is stopped due to unsafe conditions then that match has up to 30 minutes from the time it is stopped to recommence.
- Any matches that do not start or that do not make it to half time will be rescheduled in accordance with AFLNT Rules & Regulations.• Any matches that are stopped during or after half time will be deemed complete and the scores will stand.
AFLNT reserves the right to reschedule matches at times other than those prescribed within the Rules & Regulations where unusual or extreme circumstances apply.
If such an event occurs on Saturday, then NTFL match managers and the AFLNT Executive will work with NTFL clubs to execute these procedures.
As stated in the 2018/19 NTFL By-Laws for Premier League games, and in the 2018/19 AFLNT Rules and Regulations for other grades the scenarios for a drawn grand final are set out below.
Premier League drawn matches:
- At the end of the fourth quarter, a 5-minute interval will take place – coach can address players
- Change ends and play 5 minutes
- 3-minute interval (coach cannot address players) and play the second 5 minutes of extra time
- Team with the highest score after the second 5 minutes of play wins
- If scores are still drawn, there is a 3-minute interval (coach cannot address players) then teams play until the first score is registered.
All other grades drawn matches:
- If scores are tied at the end of the fourth quarter, there will be a 5-minute interval will take place – coach can address players
- Teams then change ends and play until a score is registered. At which time the game will end and the team with the highest score will be declared the winner.
PASS OUTS & REFUNDS
It is highly unlikely that AFLNT will need to issue refunds, but all patrons are encouraged to keep hold of their ticket stubs. In the event of AFLNT rescheduling games, please follow the instructions issued by gate staff for information on pass outs/refunds.