- Values driven culture
- Fantastic team benefits
Our goal here at the AFL is to enhance and grow the game across all states and all levels – from grassroots to elite. As one team, we put on the game, build participation, deliver important events, communicate with our fans, run community programs, develop coaches and umpires, and collaborate with partners, delight members, support clubs and so much more. Our roles may vary but we are all united by our common goal, to leave the game in an even more extraordinary place.
About the role
The Commercial Coordinator – Customer & Member Services will work closely with the Events and Stadia Manager, Manager Commercial & Marketing, Manager of MLLLC & Facilities and all departmental staff to ensure the effective and professional execution of all customer service requirements, with a particular focus on member services under the AFLNT banner. The role is designed to oversee the external requirements of the customer experience for the key membership aspects of the NT Football Club (Thunder) as well as the NTFL season, and general public customer enquiries.
The function of the role includes providing key support, guidance and training for all AFLNT front of house customer service staff.
Please note employment in this position is subject to a satisfactory criminal history record check. The successful candidate is required to possess a valid ‘working with children’ check.
The AFL has extensive procedures and checks in place to protect children and young people in our organisation.
A day in the life of
- Day to day management of AFLNT Reception including customer service of walk in enquiries, answering of telephone calls and emails, set up/down of meeting spaces, and general upkeep of the area
- Oversee administration and reconciliation of corporate credit cards used for corporate travel
- Processing travel bookings for the business through AFL’s online system, according to relevant procedures.
- Development and maintenance of a process manual for the customer service area
- Responsible for arranging collection and delivery of mail to Australia Post and Couriers
- Maintain internal stationary requirements including ordering and stock monitoring
- Assist with facility bookings through AFLNTs online booking system (in consultation with other internal stakeholders)
- Support the administration requirements for quarterly board reporting
- Support the fleet vehicle process by administering service bookings and insurance claims
- Assist with financial tasks such as EFTPOS payments, reconciliation, management of petty cash and carrying out banking as required
- NT Thunder Membership strategy implementation including marketing, products, sales, database, fulfillment;
- Co-ordination & assistance with NT Thunder game day commercial execution including sponsor activities, membership, merchandise, & on-field activations;
- Develop and implement NT Thunder game day marketing and promotion plan in conjunction with commercial and media teams;
- Deliver key outcomes from the NTFL membership strategy, including but not limited to marketing, products, sales, database, fulfillment;
- Manage relationship with AFLNT licensees including license agreements, royalty payments and AFLNT orders and tender processes as required;
- Be the central management point for all apparel orders and requirements for AFLNT staff and any external parties (teams);
- Manage NT Thunder Apparel including team and retail product range;
- Assist with commercial events and AFL game ticketing; and
- Assist in business sponsor servicing
Our ideal team member
Experience in a member-based organization
3-4 years in a relevant customer service-based organisation
Some experience managing corporate partners and client expectations
Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint
Current Driver’s License
Membership experience in a large sporting club or association environment
Experience in building relationships with partner personnel
Graphic design/communications experience
Event management and ticketing experience
Knowledge of accommodation / facilities provision
We believe in a Healthy Mind, Healthy Body and Healthy Workplace and our staff have access to an extensive Health and Wellbeing program
My Development – all employees have access to the AFL’s My development program which consists of on the job training, coaching and mentoring and formal learning.
AFL Staff Footy Memberships – easy access to the game, staff can share these with family and friends
My Benefits – staff have access to over 350 discounts with some of the biggest retailers and the AFL’s Corporate Partners
Click here to apply
Closing Date: Friday, 15 February 2019