The AFL is Australia’s premier sporting organisation supporting a constantly evolving national competition which has experienced rapid growth over the past 10 years. The AFL currently has 680 permanent employees across the five state bodies: AFL Vic, NSW/ACT, QLD, NT, Tasmania, and at AFL House. The AFL organisation is responsible for growing and developing Australian Football across Australia.
10-month parental leave contract - commencing August
Values driven culture
Fantastic team benefits
About The Role
- The role will be required to provide Executive Assistant support to the CEO - AFL Northern Territory and overall office administration for the organisations state head office, as well as state administration support. This is a pivotal role within the organisation as the first point of contact for the CEO and the efficient management of the office and key business functions.
- This role will also be responsible providing local HR support.
- Please note employment in this position is subject to a satisfactory criminal history record check. The successful candidate is required to possess a valid ‘working with children’ check.
- The AFL has extensive procedures and checks in place to protect children and young people in our organisation.
A Day In The Life Of
- Executive Assistant Duties
- Assistance across the Executive Team where applicable
- CEO diary and schedule management
- Preparation, distribution and follow up of all materials and correspondence on a confidential basis as required; initiate and respond to correspondence on behalf of the CEO where applicable
- Screen, monitor and respond to incoming telephone calls, mail and emails in order of urgency and relay messages as necessary.
- Manage the planning, preparation, catering and running of all Executive and Senior Management Meetings; including preparing and distributing pre-reading, minute and action taking and distributing
- Manage the planning, preparation, catering, travel requirements and running of all AFLNT Board Meetings; including preparing and distributing papers and taking minutes
- Meeting and greeting all guests of the CEO at the office
- Assisting with all administrative tasks such as printing, collating, etc.
- Key contact for all departments across the national business including Finance, IT, Human Resources, Insurance, Ticketing, etc.
- Organising state-wide monthly staff meetings including preparing agendas, afternoon teas and IT requirements
Office Administration Duties
- First point of contact for all office related key business functions
- Liaise with Melbourne Head Office on matters of office financials; insurance, IT, etc.
- Management of AFL Northern Territory Motor Vehicle Fleet including all vehicle related matters
- Coordinate staff meetings and functions as required incl. logistics; sourcing venues and arranging communications equipment
- Assist with AFLNT Major Events as required
- Manage AFL Accreditations for AFLNT staff
Travel & Accommodation
- Manage and oversee the booking of all travel and accommodation
- Coordinate, and confirm flight itineraries and accommodation as required
- Change confirmed itineraries as necessary
- Undertake routine payment and reconciliation of incoming invoices, expenses and credit card statements
- Keep administration costs as low as possible
- Processing Administration cost centre invoices; strict financial management of the Administration cost centre as well as management of the state-wide travel credit card
- Assist with local finance support as required
Our Ideal Team Member
- 3-5 years’ experience as an Executive Assistant
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent record keeping skills
- Ability to form relationships with senior staff
- Demonstrates a high level of experience in Microsoft Office software suite
- Excellent personal presentation
- Discretion when dealing with confidential information
- Able to deal confidently with people from all levels
- HR experience or qualifications
- Have a keen interest in sport
Child Safety Standards
The AFL has a commitment to ensure we provide professional, safe and enjoyable environments to children and young people who participate in our game.
The executive and management of our organisation are responsible for undertaking recruitment and ensuring that our process’s and systems are robust and thorough, as well as being communicated and understood internally. Our recruitment process is a 5-step process and includes meeting and engaging with a variety of key people from across the organisation as well as completing thorough verification checks.
As part of our comprehensive recruitment process we ensure that all safety and legislative checks such as working with children checks, Criminal background checks, employment and personal reference checks are completed to ensure anyone working for the AFL is fit for the role they are employed in, prior to commencing employment.
The AFL takes the safety of children and young people very seriously and reviews all process and procedures in line with current state and federal legislation.
Play to Win
We rise to every challenge and do what we say we will do – we own the outcome. We thrive on pushing the boundaries beyond what we have done before to achieve the extraordinary for our people, fans, partners and the community.
Respect, integrity, honesty, empathy and a great work ethic earns us the right to play.
Play with Passion
We love what we do. Passion, energy, fun and perseverance is at the heart of our sport and is what drives how we work.
Play as One Team
We work as one team because together we achieve better outcomes. We bring out the best in each other by embracing our diverse range of ideas, skills and backgrounds to achieve individual and shared success. We celebrate our wins and always have each other’s back.
My Development – all employees have access to the AFL’s My development program which consists of on the job training, coaching and mentoring and formal learning.
AFL Staff Footy Memberships – easy access to the game, staff can share these with family and friends
My Benefits – staff have access to over 350 discounts with some of the biggest retailers and the AFL’s Corporate Partners
Closing Date: Friday 28 June 2019