This 12-month role is responsible for the organisation and delivery of a range of programs within AFL Northern Territory including AFL Auskick, Kinder Kick, School Holiday Programs, Thunder Juniors and regional school competitions.
While working as an AFL SportsReady trainee you will be completing your Cert 3 or 4 in Sport and Recreation.
Duties of position
Working closely with members of AFLNT’s Game Development team, you will be responsible for delivering AFL programs in a professional and enthusiastic manner.
- Leading and conducting AFL programs including Auskick, Thunder Juniors, Kinder Kick, School Holiday Programs and Intra/Inter School Competitions
- Promotion of programs within schools including clinics and school assemblies
- Ensure adequate equipment is available to conduct programs
- Ensure all programs are conducted in a professional, fun and safe manner
- Be the first point of contact for program queries
- Assist with maintaining and organising equipment used to conduct programs
- Coordinate registrations and payments for Auskick and Thunder Juniors as well as distribute merchandise accordingly
- General administration including participation reporting, redeeming sports vouchers, update sporting pulse and running reports.
- Page 2 of 3
- Support the Game Development Team with ad hoc tasks when directed
- Responsibility for participant safety including completion of JLT checklist at each session
As the face of AFL programs in the NT, you will be responsible for building positive relationships and representing the game to improve knowledge of and participation in AFL.
The role will also require you to promote AFL and its programs at clinics, fetes, festivals and other community events.
Due to the nature of the sporting industry must be willing to work outside normal business hours such as evenings and weekends.
Information on this role can be downloaded here.
To apply, candidates should email Brad Reid at firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday 28 January 2019.