As an organisation, the AFL works tirelessly in all states and at all levels to enhance and grow the game – from grassroots to elite. Together, we put on the game, deliver important events, communicate with our fans, run community programs, develop coaches and umpires, and collaborate with partners, delight members, support clubs and so much more. While our roles may vary we are all united by a common goal, to progress the game so that everyone can share in its heritage and possibilities.
About The Role
Reporting to the Manager of Commercial and Communications, the Media & Communications Manager is accountable for the strategic management and leadership of AFL Northern Territory’s (AFLNT) communication & digital team. The role will manage the day-day operations of all media requests, media releases, social media channels, broadcast services, internal and external communications, as well as developing AFLNT’s digital offering across NTFL, Thunder, Remote and MLLLC programs.
A Day In The Life Of
Media and communications
- Manage all media releases and act as the communications lead for AFLNT
- Manage and execute calendar of events
- Manage all external media request facilitation and promotional opportunities lead
- Manage and coordinate media launches, publicity plans and event management
- Provide crisis and issues support
- Oversee all internal and external PR channels
- Control video and streaming including vendors and broadcast partners
- Manage all communications and PR management for the organisation
- Monitor and maintain websites and social media channels and ensure they are up to date and with fresh content
- Deliver fresh, consistent, and regular content to AFLNT digital platforms
- Facilitate and build cross-browser/ device marketing campaigns and sponsor requirements
- Support, advise, and prioritise digital and social media work according to capacity and communicating this to stakeholders
- Advise internal stakeholders on how to best leverage the digital medium
- Providing reporting on campaigns and social channels
Our Ideal Team Member
- A minimum of five years’ experience in a similar role in either Digital or Communications
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in a related discipline
- Experience in development of websites including XML feed integration
- Experience producing and managing a calendar of updates and campaigns for digital properties
- Experience building and executing marketing campaigns including website landing pages and social media campaigns
- Proven stakeholder and relationship management
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and time management skills
- Strong budget management skills
- Keen interest and understanding of football
- Ability to work irregular hours and weekends when required
Child Safety Standards
The AFL has a commitment to ensure we provide professional, safe and enjoyable environments to youth and young people who participate in our game.
The executive and management of our organisation are responsible for undertaking recruitment and ensuring that our process’s and systems are robust and thorough, as well as being communicated and understood internally. Our recruitment process is a 5-step process and includes meeting and engaging with a variety of key people from across the organisation as well as completing thorough verification checks.
As part of our comprehensive recruitment process we ensure that all safety and legislative checks such as working with youth checks, Criminal background checks, employment and personal reference checks are completed to ensure anyone working for the AFL is fit for the role they are employed in, prior to commencing employment.
The AFL takes the safety of youth and young people very seriously and reviews all process and procedures in line with current state and federal legislation
We believe in a Healthy Mind, Healthy Body and Healthy Workplace and our staff have access to an extensive Health and Wellbeing program
My Development – all employees have access to the AFL’s My development program which consists of on the job training, coaching and mentoring and formal learning.
AFL Staff Footy Memberships – easy access to the game, staff can share these with family and friends
My Benefits – staff have access to over 350 discounts with some of the biggest retailers and the AFL’s Corporate Partners
Play Your Way – A flexible approach to your working life
Play to Win
We rise to every challenge and do what we say we will do – we own the outcome. We thrive on pushing the boundaries beyond what we have done before to achieve the extraordinary for our people, fans, partners and the community.
Respect, integrity, honesty, empathy and a great work ethic earns us the right to play.
Play with Passion
We love what we do. Passion, energy, fun and perseverance is at the heart of our sport and is what drives how we work.
Play as One Team
We work as one team because together we achieve better outcomes. We bring out the best in each other by embracing our diverse range of ideas, skills and backgrounds to achieve individual and shared success. We celebrate our wins and always have each other’s back.
Closing Date: 1 December 2019