On the eve of the 2020 TIO Central Australian Football League (CAFL) starting, AFL Northern Territory (AFLNT) wishes to remind everyone that there are new health and safety protocols in place that will have an impact on spectators and fans wanting to attend the footy.
Crowds of up to 500 people are permitted into the venues at any one time, with security and AFLNT officials strictly enforcing this NT Government rule.
If you are unwell or have been in contact with someone sick, please do not attend.
The other spectator protocols are easy to follow, and everyone's cooperation is appreciated:
- Download the COVIDSafe app - ensure the app is installed so we can trace and report any cases.
- Social distancing applies - maintain 1.5 metres distance at all times and follow any signs and markings around the venue.
- Practise good hygiene - stop the spread of germs. Wash your hands, cover your mouth when coughing/sneezing and bin your rubbish.
- No congregating at team huddles - do not go near the team huddles during the breaks.
- No access to changerooms or club rooms - these are off-limits and only for players and officials.
- Respect our officials and volunteers - respect the instructions given by officials. The protocols are in place to keep everyone safe and footy in play.
Ticket prices for entry to the 2020 TIO CAFL remain frozen from previous seasons; adult entry will cost $7, children 15 years and under are $2, and admission is free for children three years or younger.
Memberships for the shortened season are available at the revised price of $55 per adult and can be purchased from the AFLNT office at TIO Traeger Park.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, AFLNT is unable to offer car park passes this season.
For the same reasons, Mona's Lounge at TIO Traeger Park will also be closed, but AFLNT will continue to monitor and assess the advice over the coming weeks. Patrons wishing to purchase food on Friday night can do so from the canteen.