Our mission statement
"Developing better people, better players."
Background and purpose
AFLNT Academies refers to the men’s Under 18 and 16 also the Senior and U18 women’s squads and teams that represent the Northern Territory.
The AFLNT Academy exists to offer AFL players in the Northern Territory the very best development experience that can be provided. It is centred on the development of the person in all facets and the individual’s ability to contribute in a team environment.
The AFLNT Academy works hand in hand with the AFL National Academy to ensure that payers are kept updated with modern trends and teachings. AFLNT puts a major emphasis on off-field development ensuring that each player is attending school, undergoing tertiary education or are employed on a full-time basis.
The different squads and teams compete in different competitions, carnivals and games around Australia, representing the NT, and are also applicable for national teams.
AFLNT Academy aims
The AFLNT Academy along with the National Academy is providing the following:
- A clear, compelling career offer and pathway for elite athletes.
- Best practice program based on NAB AFL Academy Curriculum.
- Access to highly qualified coaches, conditioning, medical, nutritionist, psychology, skill development and player welfare staff.
- Access to AFL standard facilities, infrastructure, staff and matches.
- Provide the opportunity for the best players to play against the best in representative matches for the AFL Academy (both Level 1 & 2).
AFL NT Academy - football mission
"Develop every player to fulfil their football potential."
AFLNT Academy - objectives of program
The overall objectives of the program is to develop players to a standard where they can become potential AFL players through building:
- Their understanding of the requirements needed to play in AFL.
- Their football skills and game understanding.
- Their knowledge of athletic preparation for high performance.
- Their leadership ability and what being a leader requires.
- Their organisational and time management skill.